Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dragon Scales!


If you attended the marketplace at Stitches East on Saturday, you might have seen me in my new Dragon Scales wrap. The pattern came from Bad Cat Designs, through Jade Sapphire, and was written for cashmere (I wish!) and intended to be a scarf. I had this great hand spun wool/tencel yarn I got from Springwater Fiber Workshop in Alexandria and used that instead. The color is actually much more purple/gray muted than the photos (darn phone camera!) but beautiful nonetheless. I doubled the width +2, and knitted til I ran out of yarn. I'm happy with it, and I have had more than one person ask about it, a few examining it from behind while I'm on the Metro or an escalator. Isn't knitting interesting? Any other time, we'd all be calling for cops if strangers began touching and examining our clothes, but if we made it. we feel like a mobile fashion show.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo, it's lovely!! I always thought Dragon Scales were better represented on a larger scale :)

Karen said...

Nice, Sandra -- and welcome to the world of blogging. Karen

mehitabel said...

Nice shawl! I'll have to check that out--I am notorious for making shawls from scarf patterns!

Mary said...

Well done! And you're so right about the touchie-feelie phemonenon. Beautiful job!